SignProx provides easy methods to collect sign data, including GPS integration. All data is stored and maintained in a database that can be accessed by popular GIS tools. SignProx also provides reporting capabilities to allow quick identification of signs that are in compliance with policies as well as those which need repair.
In addition to driving cost-savings and efficiencies in maintaining and optimizing a collection of highway signs, SignProx is designed to ensure compliance with the sign retroreflectivity mandate from the FHWA.
- Choose from hundreds of preloaded MUTCD signs or add your own
- MUTCD standard signs are contained in a filterable and searchable database including a preview image
- Preview saved assemblies by hovering over the location on the map
- Use your own shapefiles and aerial photos or use free public street and boundary data
- Inventory by GPS and/or milepoint or street address
- Connect to a GPS unit to track your location
- Create reports on collected data and filter based on common criteria such as road name
- Print reports or export to Excel, Word, or PDF
- Maintain sign history with events for common maintenance activities such as sign inspections and replacements
- Easily import/export data between copies of SignProx on multiple computers
Will SignProx help me with FHWA’s retroreflectivity compliance?
Yes. The first step recommended by FHWA to meet the retroreflectivity requirements is to create an inventory regardless of which methodology you choose. Furthermore, the mapping features and advanced reporting of SignProx will help you maintain these retroreflectivity levels.
Will SignProx work with my laptop?
SignProx is designed to run on Windows XP, Vista and 7. All required software is included. Hard drive requirements are minimal however space limitations are dependent on your own GIS data.
Will SignProx work with my GPS receiver?
SignProx is designed to communicate with any NMEA compliant GPS receiver using RS-232 or USB. A list of preferred GPS devices can be made available upon request. Other GPS receivers may be used with the addition of third party conversion software.
Will I be able to collect data in my region?
SignProx’s intuitive setup wizard allows you to add and customize several GIS shapefiles which creates a mapping environment specific to your region.
After reviewing and demoing several other options, we chose SignProx for its ease of use yet being sophisticated enough to handle our needs. The learning curve is minimal and the data entry is quite fast. The SignProx team has been great to work with through our data conversion and implementation. Thanks SignProx!
SignProx provides us with a simple and effective sign inventory collection tool that puts us on the right track to complying with the new Federal retroreflective requirements. We tried countless sign inventory programs looking for something that’s fast, easy and effective. SignProx ended the search!
SignProx is an elegant transition into Asset Management for our organization. I can’t imagine tackling a project of this magnitude without SignProx. The software worked wonderfully and provided all the data elements required while still retaining an intuitive ease of use.
SignProx is an easy and effective way to inventory and manage our signs thru out our city. It is a great program and I would and do recommend it to any one who might be looking. They are easy to get a hold of and easy to work with. I am glad we have the program. Thank you!